Wednesday, January 18, 2012

GOD, Are you out there?

Have you ever had this thought?  I have, way too many times.  Personally, I don't believe God gets angry at us for questioning things, that means we aren't stagnant in our faith.  We are striving to understand, striving to know more so that we can do more.  I have never questioned God's existence, but I have wondered why he lets things happen to people.  I prayed for years for things that I still haven't seen answers for, or have I?  That is the real question.  I believe God is answering our prayers all around us and we just don't know it.  Have you ever had an experience in your life where at the time, you could not see his handy work, but when you looked back....you could see just what he was doing?  Well, I guess I'm there right now.  I cannot see his handy work in my husband having a brain tumor.  If he is the "All Powerful God"  the "Great Physician", why isn't he fixing my husband?  I'm reminded of this scripture:

Hebrews 11:6
New Living Translation (NLT)
6 And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.
 
I'm reminded that "Faith" is what we need to strive for.  Our Faith is being tested, but again, I lean on scripture:
 
James 1:3
New Living Translation (NLT)
3 For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.
 
God has given us a library to use when we don't understand the circumstances in our lives.  That Library is called "The Bible".  Sixty Six different books with different stories, different messages from God, direction, instruction and so much more.  I often rely on other things to sustain my beliefs, but the reality is that the Bible is all I really need to lean on.  I have been indulging in the Bible more lately.  Trying to find answers that will satisfy me.  Trying to understand God's purpose in all of this.  I am left with more questions than answers in the end.  I'm left wanting to know more, wanting to seek him more, wanting to trust him more.
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written, Lyn. So true. I have always believed that out of our deepest valley comes our deepest prayer and worship. Even though we may not get all the answers that WE want...we still always get an answer and He is in control of the solution. As we went thru illness with my dad and with my mother-in-law, we realized sometimes the healing we were looking for was in the fact that we got another day to enjoy, cherish and fight for another one. So many people have so many different oppinions on healing or the reason for being sick in the first place. Even though they may mean well in most cases, they do more harm than good. Keep seeking the TRUTH and answers and the true healing, whatever that may be, will be given unto you. God is a big God and is far stronger than any tumor. Praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that if you are drawing closer to God...if you are giving Him glory no matter what happens, then the questions and answers aren't nearly as important. god was enough yesterday, He will be enough today and He will continue to be enough no matter what tomorrow holds. You're choosing the right thing by digging into the word and being completely honest before Him. Hold steady...he will keep you anchored.

    ReplyDelete