Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Latest MRI Information

Well, first of all I want to apologize for not posting on here over the last 6 months, to those of you who have been following and wondering what has been going on.  The good news is that there has not been a lot of "out of the normal" activity in our lives during this time.   We are heading into a very busy season....3 kids in softball (different teams), 1 running middle school track and a 2 year in tow...."down time" will be minimal over the next few months, so I thought I would take some time now to update you on what has been going on with Jerry.

Jerry had another MRI on March 26th.  We have not received the radiology report back yet, but the Neurosurgeon told us that the tumor looked a bit larger than before.  Both Jerry and I could see the difference in the images that were shown to us.  We are hoping that the official report will note that there is not a change, but we are almost certain that that will not be the case.
When Jerry and I left the Dr's office the day we found this information out, I was quite content.  I wasn't angry or sad or anything...I'm not sure why I wasn't, but the truth is that I wasn't.  Jerry however, has not been sleeping well and has been having a lot of different emotions run through him not knowing what to do next.  He has not lost his faith in God, or that God has got this under control, or that God knows what he is doing...he is just uncertain as to what he is suppose to do next. 

During this next month he has an appointment with a radiology oncologist who will give us more information in regards to this form of medication and/or radiology.  How it will affect him during treatment and what the outcome is to be expected for the tumor as well.  He is not feeling like he will go down this road, but he thought that getting some information wouldn't hurt anything.  He also has an appointment with a homeopathic Dr. next week to see what he has to say as well.

So, as of now...we have no answers.  Jerry seems to be doing fine.  At times, he will tell me his hand or his left foot is numb.....and I don't ever want to believe that it is from the tumor, but I always have the fear inside me that it is....and I believe he does too, but we don't really talk about it....I don't think we want to face that truth.

Please continue to pray for Jerry.  Pray for healing.  Pray for Strength.  Pray for direction.  All of your prayers are welcomed and appreciated.

With Love,
Lyn

1 comment: