Thursday, July 3, 2014
Jerry had his MRI yesterday and it was a LONG day!! It went about the same as every other MRI that he has ever had....Jerry is full of anxiety and worry, I am trying to be strong next to him, but in a panic inside as well. We sit through the MRI and then wait the two hours to meet with his neurosurgeon to find out the results.. The Neurosurgeon said that the tumor has grown about 4 mm in the last 2 years. He encouraged surgery or radiation. He said that radiation does not necessarily extend life expectancy, rather extend symptoms from developing. Surgery, in his opinion, could extend life expectancy. This is what the Neurosurgeon told us a year ago (that it had grown), then when we received the radiology report, which is done by a Dr. trained to read MRI's, he said that it had not appeared any larger. So...we are waiting to get the radiology report before we make any drastic decisions..
Jerry is doing some research right now with the Burzynski clinic again. Apparently there are some clinical trials coming up for people with primary brain tumors, which is what Jerry has. He will be calling there in a couple weeks to see if he qualifies for anything.
There really is no news, rather just an update to the unfortunate news that the tumor is still there, and appears to be larger...and Jerry has some big decisions to make.
Please pray for clarity for him and for guidance & acceptance.